How Taking CBD Can Affect Your Pet’s Personality
CBD (cannabidiol) is a naturally occurring compound that has many medicinal properties and is safe to use for your pets. CBD infused products can help your pets with their health troubles, and relieve symptoms of many health issues. This article discusses the impact that CBD can have on your pets’ personality.
An Overview Of CBD
CBD is an organic compound found in the cannabis plant. CBD is different from THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), which is also found in the cannabis plant and possesses psychoactive properties. Since CBD doesn’t have psychoactive properties, consuming CBD infused products won’t make your pet “high”.
The cannabis plant has long been used to treat pain for centuries. Recently, it’s also being used to manage the health troubles of pets and alter their mood.
Benefits And Impact Of CBD
When your pets are dealing with pain or other symptoms, they can become easily irritated or aggressive. Fortunately, CBD infused products can help relieve symptoms of many health issues experienced by your pets. Through CBD, you can calm them down and reduce their aggressive responses.
Here are some of the health issues that CBD can help your pet with:
- Reduces Anxiety: CBD oil is recognized as a good anxiolytic (anti-anxiety agent) for pets. If you have a dog or a cat dealing with anxiety, you may consider using CBD products to calm them.
- Relieves Pain: If your dog is injured or has arthritis, you can relieve their pain by applying CBD products.
- Increases Appetite: If your dog is dealing with loss of appetite after surgery, for instance, then you can incorporate CBD in their meals to help regain their appetite.
- Reduces Nausea: Pets can have nausea, much like humans. Thankfully, you can help your pets with CBD products to help cure their nausea and vomiting.
- Treats Epilepsy and Seizures: Epilepsy and seizures are common in pets. CBD can help with such conditions.
- Fights Cancer: Scientific research has proven that CBD can help in reducing tumor sizes. So if your pet is at risk from cancer, you may consider using it.
- Reduces Aggression: CBD can help subdue dogs with a more aggressive personality. It can also calm them down if they’re dealing with severe medical conditions.
- Treats Skin Conditions: If your pets have a skin condition that’s causing them to scratch a lot, then you can use CBD products to treat them. These products can also improve their fur and skin.
As a pet owner, you will notice that the particular ability of CBD products to manage anxiety and aggressiveness directly affects the personality or temperament of your pets.
Effects On Personality
The root cause of changes in your pets’ personality is mostly related to health issues. Dealing with the symptoms of their health issues can decrease discomfort and alter their mood.
CBD can have positive effects on your pet’s personality, including the following:
- Dogs with aggressive personalities can become a liability for the people around them. However, CBD can help calm them down and make them gentler.
- If your pet dog or cat is dealing with pain, they can respond aggressively. The pain-relieving properties of CBD can help reduce pain, improving their mood.
- If your pet has gone through a traumatic experience, they can become anxious. Some may have bad dreams. or experience trembling during a thunderstorm. A few drops of CBD oil in their diet can help soothe them and reduce their anxiety in such instances.
- When you have guests, your pets can trouble you a lot if they have a skittish personality around people. CBD oil can help them deal with crowds.
- Your pet can get irritated quickly with a skin condition that’s causing itchiness, forcing them to scratch themselves. You can apply topical CBD cream to help their skin condition and calm the pets down.
Using CBD products can change the personality of your pets for the better, thereby making your life a lot easier.
CBD Infused Products For Your Pets
As there are numerous CBD infused products available nowadays, CBD can easily be administered in a liquid form or included in your pet’s treats. Here are some CBD products and how they can be used.
- Oil: CBD is infused in a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, which is safe for dogs and cats. The dosage may vary from one animal to another.
- Treats: CBD is infused with regular pet treats for your dog or cat. You can easily purchase them online.
- Tinctures: CBD infused tinctures have 60 to 70% alcohol. The dosage of CBD in tinctures is higher than in other products.
- Topical Cream: CBD infused topical cream is great for skin conditions. It can also be used as a pain relief remedy for arthritis.
- Capsules: Much like vitamin capsules, there are CBD capsules available for your dogs and cats.
CBD products are not only affordable, but some also have a long shelf-life. However, it is crucial to give your pets the correct dosage of CBD, which may vary depending on the size of your pet. If you’re confused about the dosage, it is always advisable to consult your vet first.
Since CBD products come in liquid and solid form, you can choose whatever suits you. Here, you can find some helpful tips on different types of CBD products and the effects of their usage.
You could also try administering CBD products to your pets in the following ways:
- Using a dropper allows oil to be directly dropped in their mouth.
- Tinctures can be applied under their tongue.
- Capsules and treats can be generally added to their diet.
- A topical cream can be directly rubbed on the affected area.
CBD products have been proven to have therapeutic benefits not only for humans but also for pets. CBD helps reduce the symptoms of many ailments in pets.
The root cause of changes in the personality of pets is mostly health-related. Thankfully, CBD helps in reducing anxiety, skin irritation, aggression, and pain, which can change the nature and mood of your furry friends. There’s an abundance of products available online that can be easily administered to benefit your pets.